Sunday, January 17, 2010

Balancing My Sweet Tooth and Paleo Eating

I have two primary vices: wine/beer and sweets. If I don't have one, I'll have the other, and sometimes both. Of course, paleo eating pretty much prohibits me from engaging in my vices (unless I want to cheat, and we all know cheaters never win), which is really, really, really hard to do, especially when I really, really, really want that little bit of dessert after supper.

Solution? Research. Result? Paleo friendly mango sorbet, courtesy of VegFamily. Here's the uber-simple recipe:

- 2 cups frozen diced mango
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened organic pineapple juice (I used 1/2 cup, plus a splash to make the sorbet a little smoother)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend 'til smooth. Freeze what you don't eat.

That's it, and it's awesome! Now, on to next "ice cream" recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment