Sunday, June 6, 2010

Jeff and Kris's Vacation WOD #2...and Bahama Mamas

There is a drink called the "Bahama Mama". It is delightful. I don't want to know how many calories it has or how much sugar is in it. I just know that I will drink one of these--or its tropical fruity drink equivalent--every day that I'm here. This is blasphemous in the kingdom of paleo, I get that, but I'm on vacation, damn it.

Which brings us to Jeff and Kris's Vacation WOD #2. Today we went in search of a pull up bar. We had gotten a tip yesterday that there might be one over at the kids' playground in Watercolor, the next community up the road. Yeah, not so much. This is becoming a problem, so if anyone has any suggestions for pull up equivalents, I'd love to hear them. In the meantime, here was our WOD:

25 minute run (Grayton Beach to Watercolor kids' playground)
Swat wildly at biting flies, drop f-bombs

Follow this with three rounds for time of:

Sprint 5 yards to first station
15 push-ups
Sprint 5 yards back
Sprint 15 yards to second station
20 sit-ups
Sprint 15 yards back
Sprint 25 yards to third station
20 box jumps
Sprint 25 yards back
Sprint 35 yards to fourth station
15 burpees
Sprint 35 yards back

Finish with cool down (or death, whichever).

Jeff finished in 11:33, I finished in 14:13. The "sprint" portion of the workout quickly devolved into a jog. A weaving jog, actually. The other thing about the workout was that, at least for me, if I stopped to try and catch a breath, the damn flies would start biting me. I had to keep going, because I didn't have enough energy to flail my arms around and yell "F***!" It was a different kind of motivation than, say, what JDP provides during class, but effective, nonetheless.

We had planned to run/walk back to Grayton Beach, but between the humidity and the workout (which was more challenging than we'd imagined it would be when we came up with it), we wound up walking all the way back along the beach in--oh hey!--a thunderstorm. Oh well.

The sun's back out now, and we're sitting in a shady little courtyard, drinking coffee and water, and eating egg-based stuff (quiche and frittatas) and fresh fruit. Oh, and I literally just found out there are mimosas, so I'm totally getting one. Then we'll head to the beach for day two of body surfing and this beach tennis/ping pong/badminton-y game thingy we bought at the gas station (we're high dollar, me and this guy). Turns out, Jeff is also a master sand castle builder. Who knew?

3...2...1...GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment